Ultrasound Guided Medical Shockwave Therapy
What is Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT)?
Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT) is a non-invasive treatment in which a device is used to pass acoustic shockwaves at a set frequency through the skin to the affected area. It is purely a mechanical wave- not an electric one. Shockwave is an accepted intervention in the UK and treatment may provide pain relief for chronic tendinopathies.
What can ESWT treat?
Shockwave Therapy is effective at treating:
- Neck Pain (Myofascial pain syndromes)
- Shoulder Pain (Calcifying tendinitis of the shoulder, subacrominal pain syndrome)
- Back Pain (Myofascial pain syndromes, idiopathic lowerback pain and pseudoradicular syndromes)
- Elbow Pain (Lateral and medial epicondylitis)
- Hand Pain (Dupuytrens disease, De Quervain disease, trigger finger and Carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Hip Pain (Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome)
- Hamstring Pain (Hamstring tendinopathy, insertional)
- Knee Pain (Osteoarthritis, patella tip syndrome)
- Osgood -Schlatter Disease
- Achilles Pain (Achilles tendinopathy, insertional and mid body)
- Heel Pain(Plantarfasciopathy)
*Please note: for non-members there is an additional premium of £20 for any session that takes place on the weekend*
The Mews Practice offer an optional membership which includes 7 day access to GP appointments . This also includes 10% discount on selected services within the practice.
All services are also available to non-members.
Meningitis B Vaccination
Very good service. The Surgery is clean, the service was prompt, the Doctor was very informative and the staff were friendly and professional.
Meningitis B and Chickenpox Vaccinations
Lovely care and attention from all staff. We feel very looked after – Thank you.
After the iron injection, my life changed. More energy, more happy and healthy and all health issues gone.
These are the best facilities that I have visited for my company medical. The staff and doctors are very friendly and efficient.
Excellent service – thorough. Easy to get appointments – flexible and accommodating. All doctors lovely with the children.