Lipogems is a therapy that uses a device to create an injectable healing tissue (MSC tissue) made from your own fat tissue reserves. The MSC can be used to:
- Repair injured or damaged tissue
- Provide cushion and structural support that enhances your body’s natural healing process
Your initial appointment
- Takes approximately 1 hour
- Is a minimally invasive procedure under local anaesthetic in order to remove the fat tissue from your abdomen, slightly slimmer people may have this removed from the hips
- Once the fat tissue has been removed this will be cleansed using innovative technology that harvests the healing MSC tissue and activates its regenerative properties
- The active MSC is then injected in the area requiring regeneration by a trained clinician
How does it work?
- Repair damaged tissue (for example, after an injury or operation)
- Speed up tissue growth and regeneration
- Reduce inflammation, helping tissues to heal more quickly
- Improve blood flow by creating new blood vessels
- Reduce areas of internal or external scarring
The Advantages of Using Fat:
- There is plenty of fat in the body
- It can be easily ‘harvested’ using a minimally invasive procedure carried out using a local anaesthetic
- Fat contains cells that help to heal damaged tissue
- Research has shown that, no matter how old you are, fat is still able to retain its healing properties
You may be a candidate for Lipogems if:
- You suffer from an injury or ailment that limits your normal daily functioning or physical activity.
- Treatment options, such as physical therapy, NSAIDs, or steroid injections have not provided significant relief.
- You would like to explore Lipogems as a minimally invasive alternatively to a major surgical intervention.
- Exploring natural aesthetic options (skin improvement , scar healing)
- This includes minimal down time however some recovery will be necessary including physiotherapy and carrying out specific exercises to improve muscle strength
- Slight discomfort around the area of incision
- The following day may be slightly stiff around the area of treatment
- Lipogems can be used in conjunction with Platelet Rich Plasma
Book your consultation for
The Mews Practice offer an optional membership which includes 7 day access to GP appointments and 10% discount on selected services within the Practice.
All services are also available to non-members.
What Our Clients Say…
- Anju Rai